ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

What a Handy Reminder



Our second road trip was very successful! We had a really good time with Jackson in Philadelphia. Actually, he had a good time keeping Mommy company while Daddy was busy with work. It was really nice to all be together after Josh finished his sessions for the day--totally worth tagging along.

We hadn't even been in Philly for three hours when I managed to win The Worst Mother of the Year Award! I was so proud of myself before we left that morning because I had Jackson fed and ready to go on time. Great! He got one bottle on the way and then we were going right to lunch once we arrived. I thought about changing his diaper, but then he was sleeping and I would have had to take him out of the carseat and out of his outdoor outfit, etc. I figured we wouldn't be gone that long and I could just do it when we got back. Well, when we got back, he was hungry so I put it off to feed him. He started making some strange noises then so I figured we should take a break and get a new diaper. I was pretty much expecting for him to have blown out through his clothes. I was totally surprised when I started changing him and he didn't seem to have leaked...until I rolled him over a little and saw poop smeared all the way up his back! AHHH!!! I don't know how long he was sitting in that! Miraculously, it didn't go thru to his main outfit or the car seat. I did throw away the plain white onesie he was wearing. There was no way it was getting clean and I wasn't going to deal with it in the hotel. Might I add that Mr. Jackson was mighty smiley and happy during this process...

Up until this unfortunate incident, there have probably been two times in Jackson's whole life so far where he fussed because of a wet or dirty diaper. However, he now fusses more when he needs a new diaper. Is this to make sure I don't forget about him??? LOL

In other news, we had an impromptu doctor's appointment today and Jackson now weighs 10 lbs 12 ozs! WOO HOO!!! The doctor said when he hits 12 lbs, we can start looking for him to sleep longer at night. Just a couple more weeks!



No comments: