ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Monday, May 5, 2008

Sam's First Heirloom

By the end of this week, Sam will be as big as an heirloom tomato! I had no clue what that was, so see the picture to the right :) Basically this means that Sam will grow to be about eight and a half ounces and six inches long by the end of week 19! I can't believe how fast all of this is going! I feel like we just looked up how big Sam would be by the end of week 18! The end of next week will be the halfway mark! Whew! Good thing Josh has half of the furniture put together already...;) Sam's arms and legs are all in correct proportion to the rest of the body now and Sam's brain is going through major sensory development. The brain is designating areas for all of the majors senses.

The other big news is we think we felt Sam's first kick! I'm about 90% sure that's what it was. I've had some people tell me it feels like fluttering, others have said that once I'm sure I feel it, I will realize I have been feeling it for a while. But, last Wednesday night I was lying down and felt this little pop (what I would think a popcorn kernel feels like when it pops) right in the middle of where my uterus is right now. It was pretty cool! Of course we know Josh won't be able to feel any of this for a little longer, but we sure tried to get Sam to move some more!

3 comments:

mom said...

I know this is all involved with your body, but I'm having an out-of-body experience with all of this cool info! We never knew how important the produce department would be in your life! xo mom

eringh said...

Awww the first kick! Isn't it just the coolest! Pretty soon you'll be watching your whole tummy moving around from all the little karate moves Sam will be doing!

Unknown said...

Yay! Happy Mother's Day from your Heirloom Tomato!!