ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Saturday, October 25, 2008

It's Seeming Real Now...

At this moment, the whole having a baby thing definitely seemed real!!! I had just thought in my head, "This just seems like a time I might get squirted..." Sure enough, I was right. Does that count as mother's intuition???

Other things that have made me proud of myself (in small ways, but you gotta take what you can get) are: figuring out that if I lean the Boppy against the couch when changing Jackson's diaper he can't roll onto his side like he likes to do. Changing a sideways diaper is quite challenging... AND realizing I can use the sound machine to make a calming sound while changing diapers upstairs. When Josh is home he'll help me tag team and make the noise while I do the changing, but he's not going to be around forever...sigh...

Realizing that I will figure out tricks to help us get through the routines of the days makes me feel really good about myself! Anyone reading this knows that I like to do things perfectly the first time. Motherhood is going to be an excellent test for that and I am ready for the challenge :)

2 comments:

mom said...

Upon the second reading, I did notice the squirt -- where's the teepee? xo mom/mimi

eringh said...

I love that picture! It's really amazing the things you learn to do as a parent. :)