ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Friday, September 4, 2009

Balloon Boys




Anyone who has had the pleasure of dining with us knows that it's pretty easy to get a good tip out of Josh if you follow two simple rules: 1) Keep drinks refilled throughout the meal and 2) If we are at Red Robin keep the fry refills coming. It's not hard. I've added a third rule myself: 3) Interact with my cute child! My mom and I met Mary Jo and her son, James, for lunch at Champps. The waiter was probably nearing the end of his high school career or getting ready to go to college. All the same, I wouldn't have expected a guy his age to really interact with the boys. He surprised us all by bringing the boys balloons! Throughout lunch he would stay an extra minute or two at our table to smile with the boys or play with the balloons. While that was pleasant in itself, the balloons were a huge hit! Good to know...

No comments: