ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

This Too Shall Pass

I can't believe we are coming up on Jackson's FIRST birthday! How did that happen? I agree with Josh: something on the calendar must have broken! LOL I have been reflecting a lot lately on how far we've come. One recurring theme is how big of a deal things seem while they are happening. Funny enough, I never was that worried about the night feedings ending. However, there have been plenty of phases that have followed to make my blood pressure rise because it feels like it will never get better!

Let's see:
*My obsession over the quantity that Jackson drank in a day
*Worrying about how long it took to retrain Jackson by crying it out after a vacation,
*Jackson only wanting to roll over on the changing table (not a very helpful position for changing and dressing)
*Jackson's hand going straight into his dirty diaper
*What foods/amount of food was age appropriate
*Teething (comes and goes)
*Wondering if Jackson would ever sit still to listen to a story
*Suddenly being unhappy a large amount of the time in his carseat (the new, bigger seat helped)

I find it very helpful to think back on all that we've conquered when I become overwhelmed with the current challenge. Right now, it's mealtime, dinner in particular. This too shall pass...

*Deep Breath!*

No comments: