ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

There is a Season, Turn, Turn, Turn...

Let me begin by saying that I don't think Motherhood Maternity should hire super tall, super thin women to work in the store! That just doesn't make us expanding pregos feel better! Before Spring Break, I was feeling overwhelmed and unsure of the clothing options before me. My fabulous mom bought me some wonderful maternity pants, BUT now that the weather is warmer (and my body temperature is rising day by day) it is time for some Spring clothes that fit. I tried on everything in my closet last week and yesterday I put on a pair of capris only to find out that they don't fit anymore! So much for advance planning! I didn't have anything else to do in the afternoon and thought shopping would be fun. Well, not so much. I ended up feeling plump and sad :( Target didn't have the right size pants, Motherhood Maternity had this woman who was so intimidating and didn't send me a good vibe. Let me insert a disclaimer here that I'm sure she wasn't intimidating, that is just my interpretation since I don't live in reality anymore. Also, when she asked if I had any specific needs and I responded that I needed pants that fit, she wasn't actually making a face that said, "Oh, you are just a larger person thinking that shopping in a maternity store will help." I intellectually understand all of that and am sure she is in fact a very nice person, but since I am so emotional and overly sensitive, that's how the encounter played out to me! From there nothing looked good at Macy's and the Old Navy by my house doesn't have a maternity section! Argh! I just wish my bump would show up and I could look pregnant to everyone else! Well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a different Target will have the correct size of capris tomorrow because I really liked theirs :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What about A Pea in the Pod? Is that a preggo store? Do you have one of those near you?