ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Cautionary Tale

When you are pregnant you get plenty of advice, both wanted and unwanted! By the time you have a baby you know all about the sleep deprivation, nap when the baby sleeps, yadda yadda. The one thing people DO NOT warn you about is...DUN, DUH, DUN: Baby Mittens! Eek! I feel like these will be the bane of my existence all winter long! Luckily, we moved to Northern Virginia for this instead of staying in Chicago where winter lasts from September to July ;) It took me a good 15 minutes to get the boys ready for our walk today. Two coats, two hats, four mittens, 16 uncooperative fingers, four thumbs that did not want to be separated from the fingers, four mitten attachments (not so sure about these--I think I might look for the mittens connected by a string that go thru the whole coat), two blankets, two little boys, one dog, and me! Phew! Winter walks will be quite the workout apparently...

1 comment:

mom said...

I'm sorry, but this was pretty funny -- I think you need Amy to make a book out of your antics! xo