ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Winter Vacation: Part 1: Chapter 3

Tuesday was a bit of an emotional journey down Memory Lane. It started when I drove by our old house in Crystal Lake :( While I was really excited to move, I really have started to miss our wonderful blue house! We were in that neck of the woods visiting our pseudo-family members, Grandma and Grandpa Olsen. They hadn't had a chance to meet Jackson yet, so we went for a quick visit!

From Crystal Lake, we drove to Elgin and met Maria, Jane, and Ashley for lunch. It was so fun to visit with some old EA friends :)


After lunch, we went over to Elgin Academy and got to see lots of familiar faces! Jackson especially enjoyed the decorations in Sears Hall in the lunchroom :) We got to visit with some old colleagues and some of my old students. It was crazy and sweet to see some of my old kids holding my little bug!!! I have to admit that some people didn't even give me a second glance because it was like I still belonged there. I do miss teaching, and I especially miss EA.

To end the day, Jackson and I drove to meet Donna for dinner at Panera. Where else? ;) He had a good time showing off his tricks. I was so proud of how well Jackson held up without an afternoon nap!

No comments: