ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Jackson and the Christmas Tree

Where did this pretty tree come from?

Can I touch it?

These bells are my favorite :)

Getting a look from a little further away...

I love my tree!

Ooh! Aahh! What a pretty tree!

Mommy, the Buglet, and Paxie

Josh and I had a really good time decorating the Christmas tree on Monday night :) We put it all together, taking breaks for dinner and to watch "How the Grinch Stole Christmas." Then we strung the lights (one strand finally bit it after lasting for eight holiday seasons) and added ornaments. The whole time we had on holiday music (my FAVORITE) and had an egg nog snack :) Last year we had the tree in front of our living room window, but this year Josh suggested putting it in a corner between the couch and the bookshelf. This made it a LITTLE less appealing to small, grabby hands ;) So far, so good. I have the coffee table barricading it so there is mostly looking and not so much touching. Jackson can reach a few ornaments, but we decorated with that in mind. So far, his favorite is a set of bells hanging on the front. This morning after his nap we had some fun with the tree and the camera. Paxton was particularly interested in getting in on the pictures! That was a pleasant surprise! We will be in Evanston to celebrate Hanukkah with my family, but we might do a little celebrating here on our own (early) since Josh will be downtown at a work conference for the majority of the nights. Plus, I painted us a pretty menorah that I want to use!

2 comments:

mom said...

The tree looks great & I'm glad Paxie decided to join the photo op. I can tell that this whole scene is going to be pretty entertaining. xo

joanna said...

Hi Dana! Looks like you all are having fun with the holidays! Love the pictures!! I loved the table in front of the tree--that's a great idea!! Have a great holiday and give your mom a BIG HUG for me!!! Have fun!
Love, Joanna