ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Monday, March 10, 2008

How Big is a Fig?

In my second to last week in the first trimester, Sam is now the size of a fig! Raise your hand if you've ever eaten a fig...right, that's what I thought. At least I'm educating myself on the sizes of different produce :)

Sam is about 1 1/2 inches long and almost fully formed! That is SO hard to believe! I read that Sam is starting to kick and stretch and I just can't wait until I feel that! Our pregnancy book had a great quote in it for this week. It was something like: If you think you feel the baby kicking, you don't. It's either gas, or you are further along than you thought you were! HA HA HA!

We also read that Sam's movements are so effortless, they look like water ballet. That's also a very funny image. So much about pregnancy is funnier than I thought it would be! Some stuff is so gross that you just have to laugh (like the mucus plug--EWWW! No one told me about that--I don't know if I would have signed up if I had known...)!

3 comments:

mom said...

The gross stuff, well, you never asked! xo

Josh said...

y'know....if this whole PGA/LPGA or NBA/(ok, I can't say it....my daughter would be forbidden from playing in the WNBA) doesn't work out, I bet we could exploit him/her for water ballet talents. That's still an olympic sport right? Maybe Sam can be on a Wheaties box like we are!!

Joe said...

Synchronized swimming is kinda like water ballet, and it's in the Olympics...