ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Monday, November 30, 2009

NaBloPoMo Was a Success!



Even though this past weekend tripped me up just a bit, I consider myself a successful finisher in National Blog Posting Month! It was nice to take time to record even the little things that happened each day. I am planning to keep up some of the frequency. Maybe not quite every day, but definitely more often than not :)

I thought I would recap the last month. My No-More-Bottles Campaign has been declared a success! I took one bottle with us to Illinois, just in case. I didn't even think about needing it. Woo hoo! Go Jackson! I am so thrilled to not be washing bottles anymore! I discovered the other night that Jackson drinks way more when he's playing. He loves toting his cup around with him and oddly enough, gets a lot drunk (drank?). One less thing to worry about :)

I posted a video the other day of Jackson walking. He is doing a great job! Before we left for Thanksgiving, he would to Josh or me if prompted. While we were in Evanston, however, he started walking all over! It's still funny to watch him because there is no rhyme or reason to when he crawls or walks. The best was one night while my dad was on the phone with Larry. Jackson did the most walking yet on his own by standing up at a little table, walking across the living room to the TV, turning around, and walking back again. The conversation from my dad's end went like this, "And your nephew is doing a great job of walking...all over...like just starting now!" It was so cute! I'm glad my mom and dad got to see him REALLY do it!

We had a great trip to Evanston and are looking forward to another one in less than two weeks! That will be directly followed with a long visit with Josh's family. We did decorate the house for the holidays. I just can't resist, even if it's only for a couple weeks. I did the around-the-house decorations yesterday, and Josh and I are going to put up the tree tonight. The Grinch is also on tonight, so once we watch that, Christmas can officially come! (That's Josh's rule: Christmas can't come until he has watched The Grinch live (no DVDs).)

1 comment:

mom said...

I've enjoyed your participation in NaBloPoMo -- lots of laughs & memories. xo