ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Monday, January 23, 2012

Recipe Roundup

So...Menu Plan Monday sort of got put on the back burner once I became pregnant and all I wanted to eat was Ramen, mac-n-cheese, pizza, pasta, and eggs.  I didn't think that all needed to be highlighted ;)  BUT, over the last few months I HAVE tried some yummy recipes, and I still wanted to share!

Some of these I already posted, but I wanted to report on which pumpkin recipes I made off of my original list of ten I wanted to try:
Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Cookies--I couldn't find the pumpkin kisses anywhere, so I just used chocolate chips--still yummy!
Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies--not super pumpkin-y, but yummy!
Mini-Pumpkin Tiramisu--I was a bit disappointed in this one.  The homemade cool whip was delicious!  The pumpkin filling was a little rich.
Pumpkin Dip--delcious, and the possibilities of what to dip are endless!
Pumpkin Cinnamon Chip Scones--SOOO good!!!
and one that wasn't on my original list: Chocolate Chip Oat Pumpkin Cookies

Holiday Treats We Baked
Peppermint Whoopie Pies--I realized I'm not a huge Whoopie Pie fan :(  The filling was amazing, however! I think I would bake some chocolate-chocolate chip cookies next time and put this filling in the middle.
Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies--these are now one of my favorite cookies!
Mountain Sky Banana Bread--delicious--I think the cream cheese it what makes this one stand out!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Shortbread--so easy and so yummy = a lovely combination :)

Miscellaneous
Good Eats' Pretzels--we LOVE these!  We have made many batches and just started experimenting with flavors.  We sprinkled on cinnamon sugar on one batch and that was super yummy!  Then we tried another round with
Root Beer Roast--I tried this with a piece of beef, and I will definitely try it with pork next time.  There was a bad combination of pregnancy horomones and appetite combining here to make it so I barely ate any of this!  The recipe sounds SO good, but poor Josh was left to eat pretty much the whole thing in leftovers by himself :(
Corn Waffles--this recipe was invented by our neighbor, Aimee.  I think they are delicious!  Josh likes them but doesn't think they are as amazing as I do ;)  Here's the recipe:

2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 stick butter--melted
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour
1/2 t salt
1/2 t baking soda

Mix all ingredients and ladle on to pre-headed waffle iron!

No comments: