ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Belly Report: A Month's Worth of Updates

 Obviously, I fell behind on my pregnancy updates...

Here is what has been going on for the last four weeks:  At 14 weeks Sammy was about the size of a lemon (3 1/2 inches long and 1 1/2 ounces)!  Sammy can make facial expressions and suck his/her thumb!  Sammy is producing urine and bile.  The soft covering of hair (lanugo) has started to develop at the point. At 15 weeks, Sammy was about the size of an apple (4 inches long and 2 1/2 ounces)!  Sammy is busy moving amniotic fluid through his/her nose and upper respiratory tract which helps his/her lungs to develop further.  This was one of my favorite updates with Jackson because Baby Center suggests if you shine a light on my belly the baby can sense the light and might move away from it--I love the idea of playing tag!  At 16 weeks, Sammy was about the size of an avocado (4 1/2 inches long and 3 1/2 ounces)!  Sammy's legs are more developed, his/her head is more erect, his/her ears have moved closer to their final spot, and his/her eyes are moving closer to the center of his/her face.  Sammy's heart is pumping about 25 quarts of blood a day!  On Sunday Sammy turned 17 weeks :)  Sammy is now about the size of a turnip (5 inches long and 5 ounces)!  The soft cartilige is changing into bone and the umbilical cord is strengthening.

In terms of how I'm feeling, I'm feeling pretty good.  My appetite is pretty much back to normal, and I'm not feeling as tired (although there are still moments).  This pregnancy I feel much more weepy and sensitive.  I'm sure some of it is because we just went through the holiday season and those always seem to be a bit emotional, tiring, and stressful...  Overall, Jackson has been a very good sport, but my patience is thinner and it tires me more the more I have to correct him or try to talk to Josh over him.  

Mom and I did a ton of shopping while we were in Evanston, so I have plenty of clothes that fit :)  Jackson continues to be excited about becoming a big brother!  He is going to be awesome!  He is more consistently saying he wants a Baby Sister, and we will find out of January 17th what he is actually getting!!!  We can't wait!  For a few days he was saying he wanted a Baby Sister AND a Baby Brother.  We corrected him and said, he was getting one or the other, not both.  Today after his nap, he asked me if something was Baby Sister's.  I said that it was going to be for his Baby Sister OR Baby Brother.  I asked him if it would be ok if he got a Baby Brother.  He was sort of convinced, but then said, "But not both.  Baby Sister OR Baby Brother!"  Glad he's listening :)  

Flashbacks: Mmm...Lemon Heads!

No comments: