ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Belly Report: Busy Boy!

Over the last two weeks, I have felt Sammy moving ALL the time! I LOVE feeling all of his movements, but it's hard to remember that at this point it's not really punches and kicks, but full-body flips!  He's still pretty small, and it's hard to not jump ahead to thinking I feel his big head, bum, or knees!

We are now in our 24th week of pregnancy, and I'm really feeling pretty good.  I am definitely bigger than I was at this point with Jackson, but that's ok!  Tying my shoes is getting trickier, as is zipping my winter coat...  Jackson still fits on my lap, and I absolutely LOVE when he snuggles up to me while we read stories and puts his hand on my belly :)  This past weekend Brodie Bascom was over with the rest of his fam, and Jackson was SO sweet with him!  I cannot wait to watch Jackson be a big brother to his very own baby brother!  I am quite nervous the cuteness will keep me in hormonal tears most of the time... :/

Last week, when Sammy was 22 weeks along, he was about the size of a spaghetti squash!  Sammy's features are continuing to develop and be more distinct.  At 23 weeks along, Sammy was the size of a mango.  Blood vessels are developing in his lungs to help him prepare for breathing.  Sammy also can hear a lot more sounds--I hope he enjoys his big brother's conversations during the day as much as I do ;)

Last week, pre-Super Bowl, we got the nursery all decorated!  There will certainly be pictures coming soon, but I LOVE walking by it each day and imagining the little boy that will come home to it in a few months :) :) :)

No comments: