ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Monday, May 30, 2011

Menu Plan Monday Hosted By My Adorable Sous Chef!

There is A LOT to cover in this post :)  Let me begin with my meal plan for last week, and I'll sprinkle in the rest!


Monday: A chicken and biscuit recipe that seems to have potential, but was an epic fail when I made it :(  There was confusion as to whether the noodles should be cooked first or not...  I'll post it if it is successful in the future...
Tuesday: Overnight Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast and Easy Crock Pot Pulled Pork for dinner with Quaker Choc-Oat Chip Cookies for dessert.  The cinnamon rolls were TO DIE FOR!  This was one recipe I was super-pumped to have my KitchenAid for since I didn't have a dough hook before.  The only challenging part of this recipe was I wanted to serve them to Josh before he left for his first day in his new position (YAY PROMOTION!!!) around 6:30...  I made the dough and got the rolls ready to go on Monday.  I got up at 5am on Tuesday to let the rolls sit in a cold oven with a pan of water for 30 minutes before baking them!  That's right--an early morning--got lots accomplished though :)  They were a HUGE hit!  The pulled pork was a special surprise dinner for Josh's first day accompanied by his favorite cookies.  Jackson LOVED helping me make special cookies for Daddy!  I was super excited that the KitchenAid wasn't as noisy as the hand beater so Jackson enjoyed watching the mixing process.  He previously would run into another room whenever I made "noise"/mixed :(  
Checking out the new mixer...
 All ready to help!
 LOVED wearing his fabulous apron and helping Mommy bake!
 He quickly learned this was the best part...
 He was very good at it :)
 Stirring
 A mountain of deliciousness!

Wednesday: Leftover pulled pork in quesadillas with rice

Thursday: Chicken Tortilla Soup
Friday: Pizza for movie night

Saturday: leftovers
Sunday: dinner at friends' house

Last Tuesday was a busy day for us!  First day of his new job for Daddy, a day spent cooking and baking, and a haircut for Jaxie!  He is still a sweaty mess in this heat, but I don't feel AS bad without the mop of hair on his head...
 The yummy treat we are making will be shared next week...
Check out more yummy recipes at Menu Plan Monday at Org Junkie!

No comments: