ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Book Chain Letter Success!

Probably about a month or so ago, I (Jackson) received a letter from a friend explaining she was participating in a book chain letter! I definitely remember sending out and receiving the good old fashioned chain letters as a kid where you were supposed to get x number of letters back. I got a few, but that was about it. A children's book chain letter...now, that's something I can get behind! All we had to do was send out ONE book to a friend of our friend who sent us the letter. We also needed to mail copies of the letter to six of our friends. In return, we were supposed to get 36 books! I figured it was not a huge investment to send out one book. We went for it and so far Jackson has received THREE awesome, brand-new books!!!

The first book we got was How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight? by Jane Yolen. We have read a few other books in this series, and we really like them! This one is now a bedtime staple :)

The second book we received was We're Going on a Bear Hunt by Micheal Rosen. I remember this one, but we didn't have it yet! Jackson also loved it immediately!

The third book that came in the mail was Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss. We do already have a copy of this somewhere. But, it is always nice to have two of classics like this! Plus this one is brand new instead of a hand-me-down from Mommy ;) Jackson listened to the whole thing in one sitting the night it came--I think it's a hit!

I hope there are more books coming, but I am thrilled to have received this many! We definitely came out ahead :)

For more Feed Me Books Friday, visit Little Sprout Books!

2 comments:

Shonda said...

That's great. I haven't had much luck with chain letter events.

Anne said...

Now that's a chain letter I'd be willing to try! Hope you continue to receive surprises! We're Going on a Bear Hunt is a favorite around here. My husband and I each have our own versions of "sound effects." Thanks for linking up at Feed Me Books Friday and for featuring my button! Hope you'll continue!