ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Cousins!



Yesterday afternoon Jackson got to meet some very special people. He met his cousins Matt and Andy. He has hung out with their mom, Cousin Beth, on numerous occasions, but this is the first time the younger cousins got to meet. This was something I was really looking forward to! Matt and Andy have six other cousins (Justin, Miles, Paris, Tyler, Tucker, and Jackson) who I really hope get to meet him soon! I have big visions of a big cousin playtime. Hopefully, we can get busy schedules coordinated one of these days... Anyways, these cousins are all special to me because I can remember holding each one of them shortly after they were born. Yup, all eight!

Looking forward to occasions like this reminds me of how lucky I am to have a family that I look forward to seeing and introducing my son to. I never realized how lucky I was to like my family until Thanksgiving Break during my freshman year of college. All of my friends and dorm-mates were complaining about spending a whole week home with their families. I was so looking forward to it! Especially because we were having Thanksgiving at the Krouse house (Beth's parents's house). I LOVED getting to see all of my "little" cousins all together! I remember saying that I was thankful for having a family I enjoyed spending time with. I knew it sounded cheesy, but I really meant it!


No comments: