ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Happy Election Day!


Jackson and James accompanied me to the school down the street so I could vote! Today we voted for governor, lieutenant governor, attorney general, and members to the house of delegates. Only one of us voted, but we all got stickers!

This year, election day was totally different than a year ago! Aside from the fact that last year it was the presidential election. Today, I casually strapped the guys in the stroller and we walked over to Newington Forest Elementary. I threw a sippy cup and a tub of snacks in my bag, just in case. Last year, I took as much milk as I had pumped (since I was not going to nurse in line), and just about every other item of paraphernalia I MIGHT need for barely one-month old Jackson! I also spent the week before the election debating what time of day I should head over and attempt to vote. It was particularly funny last year because after all of that preparation, we were in and out! Ah, how things change... :)

1 comment:

mom said...

I really think the voting community should use Jackson in their ads with his voting sticker -- what a riot! xo mimi