ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Monday, November 2, 2009

Story Time Hopping

I have been getting excited to take the boys to story time or a class, or something with other little guys and some other mamas! It's taken me a while to get up the courage/find something worth going to. There aren't a whole lot of options for such little ones. I have been quite frustrated in the past year with the activities provided by such a HUGE metropolitan area! Jackson's Auntie Cassie has an awesome library in Kenosha, WI that provides an infant/young toddler story time with stories and activities. How fun is that?! I thought for sure that the Fairfax County library system would offer something similar. Nope. They also got rid of their entire CD collection. I went in when Jackson was just a couple months old looking for some kid music. The librarian politely informed me that they did not carry CDs anymore, but they did have some sing-a-long videos. Ummm...thanks... Anyways, I also was very interested in taking a knitting class once I was finished working and awaiting the arrival of Sam. I could only find one class that looked good, but it was a pretty good hike. I've also had a really hard time finding any children's resale/consignment shops. Thanks to Facebook, I've connected with some people in the area and they helped with word-of-mouth advice. So, I decided to bite the bullet and start story time hopping! Just because the descriptions target two year olds, doesn't mean we can't swing by and check it out!

Today was our first outing! We went to Borders and sat in on their 11am story time. This is a weekly event, and I think we might go back! The boys couldn't have cared less about the books being read, but they loved checking out the other kids and looking around! I, of course, can spend forever in bookstores, so I was equally happy :) The employee reading was great. She picked good stories (above the boys, but still fun to listen to) and was very friendly and helpful. I would consider this a success!

Next up: Barnes and Noble on Thursdays at 10:00am! This one might mess with nap time, but it might be worth checking out at least once!

No comments: