ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Library Loot


I am so excited to be hosting Feed Me Books Friday this week!!! Jana at The Adventure of Motherhood is taking a well-deserved break from hosting this month. Three other bloggers and I volunteered to split the weeks so FMBF would continue in July :) Please feel free to link up a post and share some of your favorites!

I decided to take a picture of the stash of library books we come home with each time! I have always wished I had kept a journal of the books I have read. I suppose I could just start now, but that goes back to my whole problem of wanting to do things all the way, if at all...Anyways, here is a list of the books in the above picture:

Guess Who Baby Duck! by Amy Hest
Bubble Bath Pirates! by Jarrett Krosczka
Pilot Pups by Michelle Meadows
Duck in the Truck by Jez Alborough
Smash! Mash! Crash! There Goes the Trash! by Barbara Odanaka
Hush Little Digger by Ellen Olson-Brown
Peek-a-Boo by Allan Ahlberg
The Best Mouse Cookie by Laura Numeroff
Pajama Time! by Sandra Boynton
Snoozers by Sandra Boynton
Jesse Bear, What Will You Wear? by Nancy White Carlstrom
I Heard a Little Baa by Elizabeth MacLeod
Moo, Baa, La, La, La by Sandra Boynton
Love and Kisses by Sarah Wilson
The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle


We set off for this trip to the library armed with the recommendation to check out The Baby Goes Beep by Rebecca O'Connell. That book was not on the shelf, but we happened upon two other great finds! Smash! Mash! Crash! There Goes the Trash! features two piglets who are overjoyed to see the trash truck arrive! The rhyming story describes everything the trucks "eat" and share ALL of the sounds a trash truck might make! The little piglets have a great time watching this and then re-create the whole thing with their pretend trucks. Hush Little Digger talks about lots of different construction machines to the "tune" of Hush Little Baby. For Jackson's sake, I did not sing this one ;) I was pretty excited with those since I wanted to start checking out more "big boy" books! I thought they would definitely appeal to Jackson's love of trucks :)


As we were quickly browsing the shelves, I found two more awesome books! Pilot Pups is the story of a pair of pups who fly their plane looking for ways to help. They end up rescuing two friends who have become stranded with their train. They fly throughout the house dodging various "obstacles" in order to accomplish their task. Jackson genuinely loves Pilot Pups! He loves pointing out the doggies as well as the airplane, helicopter, wheels, and tea kettle. It is a wonderful book! Bubble Bath Pirates is the story of bath time for two little boys with a fun-loving mom. The boys have a clear interest in pirates and change all of their moms instructions into pirate talk. There is even a bounty of chocolate fudge ice cream at the end! I think I enjoy Bubble Bath Pirates more than Jackson, but I still consider it a great find!

There are two more hostesses for Feed Me Books Friday this month! Check out the following links for the next two Fridays to link up and/or check out some great book ideas :)

July 23: Anne at Little Sprout Books
July 30: Gretchen at Gretchen Reads 24/7


4 comments:

Anne said...

So many of our favorites in your picks this week! We enjoyed Smash Crash as well as Hush Little Digger. We love Moo, Baa, La La La, Snoozers, and Pajama Time. Lots of B's play has revolved around rescues lately, so I'll have to look for Pilot Pups. BTW, totally relate to your "do it all the way" mentality. :)

Anne said...

oh, and I featured Jesse Bear, What will You Wear? recently. Did you enjoy it?
Little Sprout Books: Paper or Clothes, Which Will You Wear? A Book and a Craft

Aspiring Mom2three said...

You've got a great list of books! I'm late in getting mine up today as it was a very rough day yesterday. Love Boynton and Numeroff, and Jesse Bear is great as well...

Anonymous said...

What a fun carnival! We are doing our library's book program this summer for the first time. I just got Julia the book Little Oink about a pig who likes to clean and not make messes. It's so adorable!